Types of the skin:
Our skin can have various textures and according to the texture can be divided into different types and it’s very important to consider your skin type while planning the skin care program.
There are five skin types usually distinguished according to it’s texture:
1. Normal Normal skin type has a fine texture with a smooth and supple surface with unclogged pores and looks clear without spots and blemishes. This type has a proper balance between oil and moisture contents and is moist and never greasy or dry.
2. DryIt has a dry parched appearance and often flakes. Dry type is prone to wrinkles and lines because of the inability to retain moisture and insufficient production of sebum. It often has problems in cold weather and ages faster than normal and oily skin.
3. Oily Oily type is caused by the over secretion of sebum by sebaceous glands that makes the skin surface oily. The excess of the oil attracts dirt and dust and it can cause inflammations. Oily skin is prone to the black heads, white heads, pimples and spots and never is clear.
4. Combination Combination type is very common. This type is a combination of oily and dry or normal skin on the certain areas of the face. Usually there is central oily panel consisting of the nose, chin and forehead and dry or normal panel of cheeks and areas around mouth and eyes. The oily panel is referred to as T-zone.
5. Sensitive Sensitive type has a fine texture but is very sensitive to the changes in the environment and climate.
Also you can have acneic or pigmented skin regardless of its texture.
Peels for different skin types:
Skin peel is a very important step in our skin care regime because it helps to make our face and body healthier, smoother and clearer. Regular peels not only improves appearance of the skin but it’s function and also allows better penetration of the active ingredients of toners, creams, masks and moisturizers.
Choosing the peel you should always consider your skin type because different types react in a different way on the peeling ingredients.
If you have normal skin, you should exfoliate it about 3 times a week or use a gentle peel for everyday skin care. To exfoliate normal type you can use any method like chemical peel, manual exfoliation or a combination of each.
People with dry resistant skin can exfoliate either mechanically or chemically about 1-2 times a week and even go for microdermabrasion treatment to keep their complexion clear and glowing.
If you have oily skin type, you should exfoliate it about 3 times a week with the peel that contain BHA or gentle exfoliators which contain polyurethane and silicone beads or enzyme peels.
People with combination skin can exfoliate either mechanically or chemically. Skin peel procedure can be done from 2 to 4 times a week, but you should be very careful with exfoliation of the dry areas.
People with sensitive skin should exfoliate very carefully and choose very gentle peels which don’t cause irritation. You can use soft washcloth to exfoliate in shower. Exfoliation can be done once or twice a week. It’s better to use enzyme peel or chemical peel and avoid mechanical peelers.
If you have pigmentation, skin peel procedures like microdermabrasion or chemical peel can help to remove the superficial unevenly pigmented cells layer from the epidermis and lessen uneven pigmentation. But people with hyperpigmentation should exfoliate moderately to not to aggravate pigmentation.